Are the borland.public.* groups down now?
JohnH4
2008-08-07 23:51:04 UTC
Are the borland.public.* groups down now?
I try pinging unsuccessfully newsgroups.borland.com.
I try pinging unseccessfully newsgroups.codegear.com.
I try finding another way to the newsgroups on the Embarcardero site.
This post is made via http://groups.google.com/group/borland.public.delphi.non-technical/post?hl=en
--JohnH
MB34
2008-08-08 16:00:51 UTC
Post by JohnH4
Are the borland.public.* groups down now?
I try pinging unsuccessfully newsgroups.borland.com.
I try pinging unseccessfully newsgroups.codegear.com.
I try finding another way to the newsgroups on the Embarcardero site.
This post is made viahttp://groups.google.com/group/borland.public.delphi.non-technical/po...
--JohnH
I'm kind of wondering the same thing. I can't connect either.
This is also being posted from the Google groups site.
JohnH4
2008-08-08 21:25:09 UTC
Post by MB34
Post by JohnH4
Are the borland.public.* groups down now?
I try pinging unsuccessfully newsgroups.borland.com.
I try pinging unseccessfully newsgroups.codegear.com.
I try finding another way to the newsgroups on the Embarcardero site.
This post is made viahttp://groups.google.com/group/borland.public.delphi.non-technical/po...
--JohnH
I'm kind of wondering the same thing. I can't connect either.
This is also being posted from the Google groups site.
It has been having trouble for about 28 hours; although,
I have seen it up for a few seconds today.
I wonder how complicated a news server can be.
Rgds, JohnH
z***@gmail.com
2008-08-08 22:11:15 UTC
Post by JohnH4
Are the borland.public.* groups down now?
I try pinging unsuccessfully newsgroups.borland.com.
I try pinging unseccessfully newsgroups.codegear.com.
I try finding another way to the newsgroups on the Embarcardero site.
This post is made viahttp://groups.google.com/group/borland.public.delphi.non-technical/po...
--JohnH
Same from Italy, the whole day today, CET time...
B.
Kit
2008-08-11 10:33:04 UTC
Post by z***@gmail.com
Post by JohnH4
Are the borland.public.* groups down now?
I try pinging unsuccessfully newsgroups.borland.com.
I try pinging unseccessfully newsgroups.codegear.com.
I try finding another way to the newsgroups on the Embarcardero site.
This post is made viahttp://groups.google.com/group/borland.public.delphi.non-technical/po...
--JohnH
Same from Italy, the whole day today, CET time...
B.
Still can't reach them from UK and it is now 11 August response says
timed out???
Chris Brown
JohnH4
2008-08-11 15:30:21 UTC
Post by Kit
Post by z***@gmail.com
Post by JohnH4
Are the borland.public.* groups down now?
This post is made viahttp://groups.google.com/group/borland.public.delphi.non-technical/po...
Same from Italy, the whole day today, CET time...
Still can't reach them from UK and it is now 11 August response says
I got an answer from Nick Hodges, but it included this

"CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited."

So I cannot tell you what he said. You may want to ask him
yourself.

Rgds, JohnH
p***@gmail.com
2008-08-11 16:15:13 UTC
There are some information on http://dn.codegear.com/

http://dn.codegear.com/article/38431

and

http://dn.codegear.com/article/38435

/Palle
Rgds, JohnH
Mike Vance
2008-08-11 22:52:55 UTC
DelphiFeeds.com pointed me to a nice blog stated the problems of their
newsgroup server and they will be up again soon enough. Take a break
from the newsgroups for a week and read all the nice blogs that
DelphiFeeds lists. Lovely reading. D2009 (coming out soon in 2008)
will rock!
JohnH4
2008-08-12 12:45:41 UTC
... Take a break from the newsgroups for a week and read all the nice blogs that DelphiFeeds lists. ...
Mike, Thanks. DelphiFeeds.com is are not bad.

Something interesting just happened with the old
newsgroups.borland.com and newsgroups.codegear.com. While they appear
to be working again, the group names all have "borland" replaced with
"embarcadero". Maybe there are using the new server.

With OE I just selected my primary newsgroups.codegear.com account and
clicked on Synchronize Account and all my subscribed groups became
unsubscribed.

Then I selected a newsgroups.borland.com account with no groups
subscribed and looked for groups. There appeared to be only
embarcadero groups available. I subscribed to all. But there was one
odd group: borland.public.delphi.language.delphi.general; the rest
were embarcadero groups. When I clicked on Synchronize Account last
borland group became unsubscribed.

And apparently they dumped all the old messages.

And MY ATTEMPTS TO POST ALL FAIL. (See QualityCentral report #65502.)
"Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Test of
posting --JohnH', Account: 'Test', Server: 'newsgroups.borland.com',
Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '440 posting not allowed', Port: 119,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 440, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9"

I may take this problem as opportunity to take a break from Borland,
Codegear, and Embarcadero for a while. (I don't often need their help
and they do not have too much use for mine.)

Rgds, JohnH
Dr J R Stockton
2008-08-13 21:01:47 UTC
And MY ATTEMPTS TO POST ALL FAIL.  (See QualityCentral report #65502.)
"Outlook Express could not post your message.  Subject 'Test of
posting --JohnH', Account: 'Test', Server: 'newsgroups.borland.com',
Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '440 posting not allowed', Port: 119,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 440, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9"
Well, I can reach an NNTP server, but it won't give a newsgroups list
so I cannot proceed.

For those who do not like or cannot use the new system, I suggest
going to news:comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc and maybe the other
news:comp.lang.pascal.delphi.* groups. There, one need not depend on
the whims of a particular server.
I may take this problem as opportunity to take a break from Borland,
Codegear, and Embarcadero for a while.  (I don't often need their help
and they do not have too much use for mine.)
It's the other users that need your help.

--
(c) John Stockton, near London, UK. Posting with Google.
Mail: J.R.""""""""@physics.org or (better) via Home Page at