List of cool applications written in Delphi
unknown
2006-03-02 05:54:20 UTC
I'm collecting list of cool and well known applications written in
Delphi so that we can show to our clients about Delphi's popularity.
If anyone of you know any other well known applications, kindly add.
Thanks.
1. OptiPerl <http://www.xarka.com/optiperl/features.html> (Coolest
and creative editor I have ever seen) 2. Skype <http://www.skype.com/>
3. Inno Setup <http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php>
Incidentally, do they use Indy in Skype?
If I'm not mistaken, I think the products at JGSoft (EditPad,
RegExBuddy, PowerGrep) are all Delphi products. I consider these cool
apps.

Stephane Wierzbicki
2006-03-02 07:41:31 UTC
Delphi
Help and Manual
Sage products
Spybot Search and Destroy
Ottar Holstad
2006-03-02 08:04:52 UTC
I'm collecting list of cool and well known applications written in Delphi
so that we can show to our clients about Delphi's popularity. If anyone of
you know any other well known applications, kindly add. Thanks.
InstallAware is made with VCL, but I'm not sure if they use Delphi or C++
Builder. As VCL is made with Delphi you can probably say it's made using
Delphi anyway...
1. InstallAware <http://www.installaware.com/>
Kevin B
2006-03-02 15:31:59 UTC
Post by Ottar Holstad
InstallAware is made with VCL, but I'm not sure if they use Delphi or C++
Builder. As VCL is made with Delphi you can probably say it's made using
Delphi anyway...
1. InstallAware <http://www.installaware.com/>
It is made with Delphi- there's a clue in the article below- they ported
to .NET and ported back to native. They did that because they used
Delphi and porting back was pretty easy. :-)

http://www.devsource.ziffdavis.com/article2/0,1759,1738295,00.asp
Lauchlan M
2006-03-03 00:31:51 UTC
Post by Kevin B
It is made with Delphi- there's a clue in the article below- they ported
to .NET and ported back to native. They did that because they used
Delphi and porting back was pretty easy. :-)
That's an interesting path! <g>

Lauchlan M
Kevin B
2006-03-03 15:10:17 UTC
Post by Lauchlan M
Post by Kevin B
It is made with Delphi- there's a clue in the article below- they ported
to .NET and ported back to native. They did that because they used
Delphi and porting back was pretty easy. :-)
That's an interesting path! <g>
Hey, a company that listens to their users... how strange. Of course,
it all depends on the impact. In this case it was OBVIOUSLY a very easy
port or they wouldn't have done it.

Cheers,
Kevin.
Steve
2006-03-02 08:02:28 UTC
http://www.evilogre.com/software.html#Encephalon

It's not an application, but it's really cool and there's a downloadable
demo with the Encephalon web built in to a browser. :)

Steve
I'm collecting list of cool and well known applications written in Delphi
so that we can show to our clients about Delphi's popularity. If anyone of
you know any other well known applications, kindly add. Thanks.
1. OptiPerl <http://www.xarka.com/optiperl/features.html> (Coolest and
creative editor I have ever seen)
2. Skype <http://www.skype.com/>
3. Inno Setup <http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php>
Incidentally, do they use Indy in Skype?
--
<?php echo 'Just another PHP saint'; ?>
Email: rrjanbiah-at-Y!com Blog: http://rajeshanbiah.blogspot.com/
Trevor de Koekkoek
2006-03-02 13:24:55 UTC
Post by Steve
http://www.evilogre.com/software.html#Encephalon
It's not an application, but it's really cool and there's a downloadable
demo with the Encephalon web built in to a browser. :)
I noticed this was listed with Evil Ogre. I was considering using them for
some of my products, but found their terms very expensive, especially
considering they don't yet have the name recognition of other ways of
marketing your product. Are your experiences different? Do you recommend
them?

-Trevor
Lauchlan M
2006-03-02 15:00:16 UTC
Post by Trevor de Koekkoek
Post by Steve
It's not an application, but it's really cool and there's a downloadable
demo with the Encephalon web built in to a browser. :)
I noticed this was listed with Evil Ogre. I was considering using them for
some of my products, but found their terms very expensive, especially
considering they don't yet have the name recognition of other ways of
marketing your product. Are your experiences different? Do you recommend
them?
I don't know what you mean by "found their terms very expensive". I found
you pay your $149 and that's it. Like buying any other Delphi 3rd party
components. Did I miss something?

Lauchlan M
Trevor de Koekkoek
2006-03-02 15:52:35 UTC
Post by Lauchlan M
Post by Steve
It's not an application, but it's really cool and there's a
downloadable
demo with the Encephalon web built in to a browser. :)
I don't know what you mean by "found their terms very expensive". I found
you pay your $149 and that's it. Like buying any other Delphi 3rd party
components. Did I miss something?
Sorry I didn't explain myself. I mean as a software developer, if you want
to market your product with them, they take a huge chunk of the money.
Mark J. Wallin
2006-03-02 16:58:30 UTC
Post by Trevor de Koekkoek
Post by Lauchlan M
Post by Steve
It's not an application, but it's really cool and there's a
downloadable
demo with the Encephalon web built in to a browser. :)
I don't know what you mean by "found their terms very expensive". I found
you pay your $149 and that's it. Like buying any other Delphi 3rd party
components. Did I miss something?
Sorry I didn't explain myself. I mean as a software developer, if you want
to market your product with them, they take a huge chunk of the money.
Which marketers have you looked at? I may be interested in something
like that for my application.

Thanks,
Mark J. Wallin, Ph.D.
Trevor de Koekkoek
2006-03-02 17:16:13 UTC
Post by Mark J. Wallin
Post by Trevor de Koekkoek
Sorry I didn't explain myself. I mean as a software developer, if you want
to market your product with them, they take a huge chunk of the money.
Which marketers have you looked at? I may be interested in something
like that for my application.
Well I haven't really looked at any others. I figured I would promote mine
as shareware via tucows, download.com, etc. I've joined the association of
shareware professionals and I think with the right exposure and doing some
SEO on my sites I don't need another company to promote my product. You can
try this company to promote your shareware. I haven't tried them yet, but
they seem reputable: http://www.sharewarepromotions.com/index.html

-trevor
Mark J. Wallin
Thanks
Craig
FeedDemon
Robert Giesecke
2006-03-02 08:54:04 UTC
If anyone of you know any other well known applications, kindly add. Thanks.
I use this App quite often and I consider it simply the best Database
IDE I've ever worked with. Despite all it's quirks and bugs. ;-)
http://www.allroundautomations.com/plsqldev.html
Ray Porter
2006-03-02 13:04:48 UTC
I use this extensively but had no idea it was written in Delphi.

Ray Porter
Lurkio
2006-03-02 13:08:58 UTC
Post by Robert Giesecke
I use this App quite often and I consider it simply the best Database
IDE I've ever worked with. Despite all it's quirks and bugs. ;-)
http://www.allroundautomations.com/plsqldev.html
You learn something new every day :-)

That is a fantastic, massively useful app and I had no idea it
was written in Delphi either - it just got even better :-)
Trevor de Koekkoek
2006-03-02 15:37:46 UTC
Post by Robert Giesecke
I use this App quite often and I consider it simply the best Database
IDE I've ever worked with. Despite all it's quirks and bugs. ;-)
http://www.allroundautomations.com/plsqldev.html
You learn something new every day :-)
That is a fantastic, massively useful app and I had no idea it
was written in Delphi either - it just got even better :-)
Oh and Toad as well: http://www.quest.com/toad/

Strangely enough I spoke with the Quest people as the VS Launch and they
told me they are writing the new version of Toad for MSSQL in something
else. I don't remember what it was though.
Trevor de Koekkoek
2006-03-02 13:27:32 UTC
If anyone of you know any other well known applications, kindly add. Thanks.
I use this App quite often and I consider it simply the best Database IDE
I've ever worked with. Despite all it's quirks and bugs. ;-)
http://www.allroundautomations.com/plsqldev.html
A very good database IDE is Database Workbench by Upscene:
http://www.upscene.com/

Also written in Delphi
Paul
2006-03-02 09:06:05 UTC
Regarding Anti-Spyware tools:

- Webroot Spyware Sweeper (very popular tool)
- Spyware Doctor
Telemagic
2006-03-02 09:28:11 UTC
Cobian Backup

http://www.educ.umu.se/~cobian/cobianbackup.htm
Repa
2006-03-02 09:18:57 UTC
TuneUp Utilities. http://www.tune-up.com/

Very good and professional looking system optimizer, cleaner, enhancer.
Piotr Szturmaj
2006-03-02 09:52:58 UTC
http://delphi.wikicities.com/index.php/Good_Quality_Applications_Built_With_Delphi
Uffe Kousgaard
2006-03-02 12:04:13 UTC
Post by Piotr Szturmaj
http://delphi.wikicities.com/index.php/Good_Quality_Applications_Built_With_Delphi
"Feel free to add applications to this list yourself".

This clearly shows from the number of high-profile applications, that I have
never heart about :-)

Regards
Uffe
Kevin B
2006-03-02 15:39:21 UTC
Post by Uffe Kousgaard
"Feel free to add applications to this list yourself".
This clearly shows from the number of high-profile applications, that I have
never heart about :-)
Feel free to discuss this on the wiki:

http://delphi.wikicities.com/index.php?title=Talk:Good_Quality_Applications_Built_With_Delphi&action=edit

If there are apps that you feel really do not belong in there then say
so. It is a wiki after all- it can actually be edited. ;-) If people
disagree with your edits they'll change them back, but it is worth a try.

Also, you could just post a few suggestions here and see whether people
agree or disagree.

Personally, I think that MOST on that list are actually "high profile".
I've heard of all but a few. The only ones I don't know about are:

eEmpACT
Exchequer Enterprise
Avant Browser
FastStone Image Viewer
VVVV
AquaSoft DiaShow XP five

All the others I've heard about through reputable sources and they've
been mentioned by others frequently etc. Also, if you look at their web
sites they either seem very professional, or they've had good reviews
from various sources etc.

Thanks,
Kevin.
Jens Gruschel
2006-03-03 15:30:36 UTC
Post by Piotr Szturmaj
http://delphi.wikicities.com/index.php/Good_Quality_Applications_Built_With_Delphi
FastStone Image Viewer. I should have known. By far the best image
viewer I've tried. I'm using it all the time.
--
Jens Gruschel
http://www.pegtop.net
Dag Fjeld Edvardsen
2006-03-02 09:47:34 UTC
Total Commander: www.ghisler.com
and
Game Creator: http://www.gamemaker.nl/

To very high quality products!

-Dag
Rinse Lemstra
2006-03-02 11:04:13 UTC
TimeWriter (www.timewriter.com) TimeTracking software
Joe Hendricks
2006-03-02 11:28:45 UTC
I'm collecting list of cool and well known applications..
Homesite('v5.5 plus') Macromedia's frontend for ColdFusion work,
shipped with their Studio8

JoeH
roman modic
2006-03-02 11:45:12 UTC
Hello!
Post by Joe Hendricks
I'm collecting list of cool and well known applications..
Homesite('v5.5 plus') Macromedia's frontend for ColdFusion work,
shipped with their Studio8
http://nick.typepad.com/blog/2004/08/delphi_readers_.html
[quote: Nick Bradbury, 2004-AUG-03]
Although I've flirted with other languages, all of my shareware applications (HomeSite, TopStyle, FeedDemon) were coded using
Borland Delphi.
[/quote]

Servus, Roman
Bryce K. Nielsen
2006-03-02 17:25:10 UTC
It's too bad that Homesite has been phased out. Since they were boughten by
Macromedia and then boughten by Adobe, the lastest bundle doesn't seem to
include it anymore. Still my preferred HTML editor.

-BKN
Bryce K. Nielsen
2006-03-02 17:34:57 UTC
Post by Bryce K. Nielsen
It's too bad that Homesite has been phased out. Since they were boughten
by Macromedia and then boughten by Adobe, the lastest bundle doesn't seem
to include it anymore. Still my preferred HTML editor.
I take it back, you can still buy it, version 5.5
(http://www.macromedia.com/software/homesite/) but it was hard to find and
it's not listed as an included product in Dreamweaver nor Studio (though the
Homesite page says it's included as Homesite+).

Still, looks like it's being phased out completely...

-BKN
Lauchlan M
2006-03-03 00:33:43 UTC
Post by Bryce K. Nielsen
Still, looks like it's being phased out completely...
I thought they were still providing it (hey it works) but not putting a
great deal (perhaps any) of further effort into development.

Lauchlan M
Jarle Stabell
2006-03-02 13:05:38 UTC
I'm collecting list of cool and well known applications written in
Delphi so that we can show to our clients about Delphi's popularity.
If anyone of you know any other well known applications, kindly add.
FL Studio, has musician Mike Oldfield amongst its users.
http://www.flstudio.com

Cheers,
Jarle
Ray Porter

Günther Schoch
2006-03-02 13:53:32 UTC
AllFusion® Saphir Option
A Unique Metadata Discovery Tool

http://www3.ca.com/solutions/ProductOption.aspx?ID=3655

is developed by us and 100% written in Delphi
miab
2006-03-02 14:42:16 UTC
I'm collecting list of cool and well known applications written in
Delphi so that we can show to our clients about Delphi's popularity.
If anyone of you know any other well known applications, kindly add.
dev-c++
http://www.bloodshed.net/dev/devcpp.html
wxdev-c++:
http://wxdsgn.sourceforge.net/
:o)

miab
A Programmer
2006-03-02 15:28:41 UTC
Post by miab
dev-c++
http://www.bloodshed.net/dev/devcpp.html
http://www.bloodshed.net/dev/images/main.png
http://wxdsgn.sourceforge.net/
http://wxdsgn.sourceforge.net/newwxdevcpp.jpg
:o)
That's kind of interesting, especially considering the general measure
of the worth of the average compiler for utility's sake is whether it
can compile a copy of itself. That's not necessarily a reflection of
the value of what was mentioned, but I just find it interesting for
some reason that a C++ compiler would ultimately be written in another
language.
Charles McAllister
i might be mistaken, but i don't think they wrote a compiler, but rather the IDE for existing compilers (mingw or gnu c++)
Eug. C.
2006-03-02 15:03:02 UTC
Dental Practice management suite
http://www.xldent.com
Astro
Finn Tolderlund
2006-03-02 16:32:02 UTC
I have a few free programs made with Delphi on my web site:
http://finn.mobilixnet.dk/programuk.htm
Among them are a really cool Sudoku puzzle solver, screensavers, and more.
--
Finn Tolderlund
Ewan McNab
2006-03-02 16:49:30 UTC
TeamCoherence is written by us and is 100% Delphi
--
Ewan McNab
Quality Software Components Ltd
http://www.qsc.co.uk
Crazy Horse's crazier little brother
2006-03-02 18:18:22 UTC
Charles McAllister
2006-03-02 21:07:52 UTC
Post by Crazy Horse's crazier little brother
Post by Ewan McNab
TeamCoherence is written by us and is 100% Delphi
--and is my favorite source control tool.
2nd that ;)
Ewan McNab

http://www.qsc.co.uk
Joe Hendricks
2006-03-03 03:23:32 UTC
Post by Ewan McNab
BTW, the nest release will have BDS2006 integration at long last...
Great news Ewan !
JoeH
Steve Clemens
2006-03-02 16:57:16 UTC
CMS Encore Pro - Desktop CMS / Website builder & management tool. Can also
be used to build html help files.
http://www.biitsoft.com/products/cmsencorepro/index.htm

Steve
Gbenga Abimbola
2006-03-02 17:57:47 UTC
Post by Steve Clemens
CMS Encore Pro - Desktop CMS / Website builder & management tool. Can also
be used to build html help files.
http://www.biitsoft.com/products/cmsencorepro/index.htm
Steve
Perhaps those web sites should leave information that, their
sites is powered with Delphi!
r***@bigpond.net.au
2006-03-03 08:12:54 UTC
Post by Gbenga Abimbola
Post by Steve Clemens
CMS Encore Pro - Desktop CMS / Website builder & management tool. Can also
be used to build html help files.
Perhaps those web sites should leave information that, their
sites is powered with Delphi!
Sounds a bit like advertising that your site is powered by VB.
ie: only likely to make the fan club happy.
gavin
2006-03-02 17:44:00 UTC
Front ends of all our security software is written in delphi, this
includes firewall, antivirus, content filtering and desktop security

Cheers
Gavin
Msangali
2006-03-02 18:33:10 UTC

Brazilian IRS app, free downloaded from government site, is made with Delphi
(now there's also a Java client though). Milions of people like use it
yearly for calculating their taxes, and it was quite a breeze when it came,
compared to the old, pen and paper forms.

http://www.receita.fazenda.gov.br/PessoaFisica/IRPF/2006/programaIRPF2006.htm

Regards,
Marco
I'm collecting list of cool and well known applications written in Delphi
so
Craig
2006-03-03 00:28:19 UTC
Actually I believe that Australian one is as well, www.ato.gov.au/etax.
Which sent up big outcries that "it didn't run on a macintosh or on
linux...".
Yeah, I was just using this one the other day as I rushed to do my tax
before the deadline. This must have at least a million people using it
every year.

Craig.
Oliver Townshend

Oliver Townshend
Thomas Speck
2006-03-02 19:11:15 UTC
IBExpert (www.ibexpert.com), one of the best Firebird Database
Administration Tools, is totally written in Delphi.

Here you can find some Demos and Guided Tours:
http://www.h-k.de/index2.php?var_content=demo&var_lang=englisch&var_produkt=ibe
Kevin B
2006-03-02 19:32:20 UTC
I'm collecting list of cool and well known applications written in Delphi so that we can show to our clients about Delphi's popularity. If anyone of you know any other well known applications, kindly add. Thanks.
1. OptiPerl <http://www.xarka.com/optiperl/features.html> (Coolest and creative editor I have ever seen)
2. Skype <http://www.skype.com/>
3. Inno Setup <http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php>
4. SQLMatcher

OK, perhaps it isn't well known, but it is one of the better SQL Server
Schema sync tools IMHO. ;-) But then I'm a bit biased...

http://www.berryware.com/sqlmatcher/
http://www.berryware.com/sqlmatcher/screenshots/index.html

Probably the best page to see what SQLMatcher does and how it works is
here (for those interested):

http://www.berryware.com/sqlmatcher/videos/SQLMatcher_2_Transforming_Databases.html

Cheers,
Kevin.
Trevor de Koekkoek
2006-03-02 19:44:08 UTC
Well since others are also posting their own apps; a new google sitemap
generator (still in beta):

http://www.sitemagellan.com
--
Trevor de Koekkoek
http://www.aspevia.com
Kevin B
2006-03-02 20:08:58 UTC
Post by Trevor de Koekkoek
Well since others are also posting their own apps; a new google sitemap
http://www.sitemagellan.com
You can blame Gunther for starting it... ;-)

Cheers,
Kevin.
Kevin B
2006-03-02 20:12:58 UTC
Post by Trevor de Koekkoek
Well since others are also posting their own apps; a new google sitemap
http://www.sitemagellan.com
Incidentally, I will be taking a look at your app... I've been wanting
to submit a Google sitemap but didn't like the idea of playing around
with the Python tools etc. that were out there. A Delphi tool is just
what is needed!!

Cheers,
Kevin.
Trevor de Koekkoek
2006-03-02 20:22:37 UTC
Incidentally, I will be taking a look at your app... I've been wanting to
submit a Google sitemap but didn't like the idea of playing around with
the Python tools etc. that were out there. A Delphi tool is just what is
needed!!
Thanks!

Hope you like it. Let me know if you think anything should be
changed/added. Although I'm pretty close to release so it may have to be in
1.1 :)
m utku karatas
2006-03-02 19:20:52 UTC
I'm collecting list of cool and well known applications written in
Delphi so that we can show to our clients about Delphi's popularity.
If anyone of you know any other well known applications, kindly add.
Thanks.
1. OptiPerl <http://www.xarka.com/optiperl/features.html> (Coolest and
creative editor I have ever seen) 2. Skype <http://www.skype.com/>
3. Inno Setup <http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php>
Incidentally, do they use Indy in Skype?
FruityLoops et al.
--
Best regards.

M. Utku Karatas
Jon Springs
Diego Barros
2006-03-06 00:49:50 UTC
Post by Jon Springs
Multi-Edit - programmer's editor
I thought Multi-Edit was written in Borland C++. Maybe it's since been
written using C++ Builder?
j***@infotive.com
2006-03-02 23:07:53 UTC
Toad , if it has not been posted yet...

Used by many f500 cos....

Crashes with regularity

Uses devexpress components

I like DatabaseWorkBench (another delphi app) waaaaaay better. Too bad
ExxonMobil does not agree, they use toad.
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
2006-03-03 00:39:47 UTC
Virtual Magnifying Glass
A free, open source, screen magnifier, for both Windows, Linux, FreeBSD
and soon also Mac OS X and Pocket PC.

http://magnifier.sourceforge.net/

More then 160.000 downloads.

Compiles with both Delphi and Lazarus.

Felipe
Charles McAllister
2006-03-03 02:26:02 UTC
I'm collecting list of cool and well known applications written in Delphi so that we can show to our clients about Delphi's popularity. If anyone of you know any other well known applications, kindly add. Thanks.
Beyond Compare
http://www.scootersoftware.com
Jon Robertson
2006-03-03 03:30:25 UTC
I'm collecting list of cool and well known applications written in
Delphi so that we can show to our clients about Delphi's
popularity. If anyone of you know any other well known
applications, kindly add. Thanks.
One of my favorite tools that wasn't mentioned: FinalBuilder

Also, the product that I work on daily for my employer:
eCeno - Practice Management Suite (Healthcare) - URL in sig
--
Jon Robertson
Borland Certified Advanced Delphi 7 Developer
http://www.medevolve.com
Jeffrey Miller
2006-03-03 12:40:03 UTC
better check your website *contacts* link
Jon Robertson
2006-03-03 12:53:59 UTC
better check your website contacts link
Thanks for the info.

Actually, we've known about this for a little while now.
Unfortunately, we don't host or maintain our own website. We're trying
to convince management to bring the site back in-house, because it is a
major pain to get little things like this fixed.
http://www.medevolve.com
David Clegg
2006-03-03 19:32:30 UTC
Post by Jon Robertson
We're trying
to convince management to bring the site back in-house, because it is
a major pain to get little things like this fixed.
The joys of outsourcing, huh? :-)

We have a lot of our network admin stuff outsourced (we are a company
of about 10 employees, so you can see why it's needed :-\). Whenever we
want another port opened on the firewall or some such, we have to get a
guy in to do it for us.
--
Cheers,
David Clegg

QualityCentral. The best way to bug Borland about bugs.
http://qc.borland.com

"I want to share something with you: The three little sentences that
will get you through life. Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good
idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here." - Homer Simpson
Jon Robertson
2006-03-03 19:03:19 UTC
Post by David Clegg
The joys of outsourcing, huh? :-)
Yeah. And management keeps dreaming that they can outsource project
coding as well. Luckily, we've been able to convince them that they're
wrong. For now.
Post by David Clegg
(we are a company of about 10 employees, so you can see why it's
needed :-\).
We have 20 employees. We had 12 when I was hired 6 years ago. ;)

Actually, we only had 18 last month, three of which are developers.
We've just hired two new developers, bringing the team up to five, and
25% of the staff! :D
http://www.medevolve.com
Mike Garland

Mike Garland
Nelson Chu
2006-03-03 06:42:26 UTC
MoXi: Next-Gen Digital Paint System (http://visgraph.cs.ust.hk/MoXi/)
Not finished, but you can see this video demo:
http://visgraph.cs.ust.hk/MoXi/video/MoXiSmall.avi

Nelson
p.s. MoXi uses GLScene.
Jon Arnason
peponloqui
2006-03-03 11:57:12 UTC
1-)
all products of EMS-Hitech (http://www.sqlmanager.net/).

an Interview with the President of EMS is here (http://www.sqlmanager.net/
en/news/630), where he said
......"Actually all our tools are developed under the Delphi environment"

2-) SQLHammer (http://metadataforge.com/)

3-) Database Workbench (http://www.upscene.com/)

sorry for my bad english.

--- posted by geoForum on http://delphi.newswhat.com
David Clegg
2006-03-03 19:35:34 UTC
Post by peponloqui
3-) Database Workbench (http://www.upscene.com/)
I took advantage of their 75% discount which expired on Friday, and I
must say I've been very impressed with it so far.
--
Cheers,
David Clegg
***@gmail.com
http://cc.borland.com/Author.aspx?ID=72299

QualityCentral. The best way to bug Borland about bugs.
http://qc.borland.com

"We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those
Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughin',
did you?" - Homer Simpson
Jon Robertson
2006-03-03 19:03:57 UTC
Post by David Clegg
I took advantage of their 75% discount which expired on Friday
Hey! Who told non-tech about this discount?!?

(I mean, *before* it expired...)
http://www.medevolve.com
David Clegg
2006-03-03 20:10:12 UTC
Post by Jon Robertson
Hey! Who told non-tech about this discount?!?
I saw it on Craig Stuntz's blog

http://blogs.teamb.com/CraigStuntz/archive/2006/02/27/DBWCheapThisWeek.a
spx

or

http://tinyurl.com/jyl34
--
Cheers,
David Clegg
***@gmail.com
http://cc.borland.com/Author.aspx?ID=72299

QualityCentral. The best way to bug Borland about bugs.
http://qc.borland.com

"What about those red balls they have on car aerials so you can spot
your car in a park? I think all cars should have them." - Homer Simpson
Bear
2006-03-03 10:43:09 UTC
Incidentally, do they use Indy in Skype?
Skype does use Indy and TNT components!
You can search the exe file in nodepad.

Bear
R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah
2006-03-04 03:53:38 UTC
Post by Bear
Incidentally, do they use Indy in Skype?
Skype does use Indy and TNT components!
You can search the exe file in nodepad.
Thanks, that's amazing. Do you mean <http://www.tntware.com/delphicontrols/unicode/> as TNT components? (apologies for my ignorance). Isn't Delphi natively support Unicode?

p.s.: I wasn't feeling well and so couldn't respond immediately. Many thanks for all the replies in this thread.
Oliver Townshend
2006-03-04 05:27:07 UTC
<http://www.tntware.com/delphicontrols/unicode/> as TNT components?
(apologies for my ignorance). Isn't Delphi natively support Unicode?

Not the Win32 VCL. I believe the .Net VCL does.

Oliver Townshend
Bryce K. Nielsen
2006-03-04 08:15:20 UTC
Post by R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah
Thanks, that's amazing. Do you mean
<http://www.tntware.com/delphicontrols/unicode/> as TNT components?
(apologies for my ignorance). Isn't Delphi natively support Unicode?
Natively Delphi does, but the VCL does not, which is what TNT is,
effectively a unicode-ized VCL.

-BKN
AnnShip
2006-03-03 12:18:13 UTC
Don't forget all these probably in Delphi as well. Check with VCL Scanner
and found it.
1) CloneCD and CloneDVD
2) Panda Anti-virus
3) GetRight & NetVampire
4) Counter Strike & MDK
5) All coffeecup Software CoffeeCUP HTML, CoffeeCUP .....
Randy Magruder
AnnShip
2006-03-03 19:17:23 UTC
Also
Raknarok (Online games goes wild in Made in Korea) and many
more. Imagine a games requires stdvcl40.dll...whew.
R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah
2006-03-04 03:43:39 UTC
Post by AnnShip
Don't forget all these probably in Delphi as well. Check with VCL Scanner
and found it.
1) CloneCD and CloneDVD
2) Panda Anti-virus
3) GetRight & NetVampire
4) Counter Strike & MDK
5) All coffeecup Software CoffeeCUP HTML, CoffeeCUP .....
WOW, this is amazing. Finally the applications that I have known. Another cool/popular application I have found written in Delphi is WinRAR.

BTW, do you mean this VCL Scanner <http://codecentral.borland.com/Item.aspx?ID=22159> ? (I couldn't download it)
Chris Burrows
2006-03-03 13:02:21 UTC
I'm collecting list of cool and well known applications written in Delphi
so that we can show to our clients about Delphi's popularity. If anyone of
you know any other well known applications, kindly add. Thanks.
Mainpac - Enterprise Asset Management. Used by many high-profile Australian
businesses - e.g. Sydney Harbour Tunnel, BRL Hardy, Therapeutic Goods
Administration etc. etc.

http://www.mainpac.com.au/

Also my products - LP Ripper, LP Recorder, WAV Joiner and Home or Away
League Scheduler with customers in more than 100 countries from Andorra to
Zambia.

Chris Burrows
CFB Software
http://www.cfbsoftware.com
JQL-work
2006-03-03 21:57:53 UTC
Avatar Sizer was written in Delphi 5 http://www.avatarsizer.com. Its
extremely popular in Italy & Spain

John

____________________

Easy to use Accounting software
http://www.visualaccounts.co.uk

--- posted by geoForum on http://delphi.newswhat.com
Rob McDonell
2006-03-04 14:16:40 UTC
KChess (www.arkangles.com/kchess)
Piotr Szturmaj
2006-03-04 14:50:50 UTC
I forgot my favourite game:
www.soldat.pl
turk-184
2006-03-05 10:26:41 UTC
:-)
If I'm the last...
my super-super-super utility !!! XZipper !!! :-))))))))))
www.2msistemi.com

Bye !
u***@domain.invalid
2006-03-05 19:07:57 UTC
As far as I know a very big app for PCB (printed circuit board) Altium
ВЧЗ (or at least Protel 2004) is also written in Delphi.
manufacturer's site http://www.altium.com/
Ryan McGinty
2006-03-05 22:14:54 UTC
Post by u***@domain.invalid
As far as I know a very big app for PCB (printed circuit board) Altium
??? (or at least Protel 2004) is also written in Delphi.
manufacturer's site http://www.altium.com/
Actually, for Protel, I *think* it was C++Builder. I remember seeing it
crash once and the error messages were showing C++ style stuff...

Ryan
u***@domain.invalid
2006-03-05 22:46:19 UTC
Ryan McGinty
Post by Ryan McGinty
Actually, for Protel, I *think* it was C++Builder. I remember seeing it
crash once and the error messages were showing C++ style stuff...
I searched once in .exe and found something like "\Delphi\RTL" there.
Probably they use different languages. They write on the site (in some
pdf tech articles) that scripting system and also toolbars are written
on Delphi. But job requirements for graduates are pascal, Delphi, C++
Builder, MS VC (looked through the site after my first post).
Sergey_O
2006-03-05 23:14:03 UTC
BTW sorry for anonymous posts. As I was reading-only the conference
until now, didn't change default account parameters as set by the mail
client.
Ryan McGinty
2006-03-05 23:43:39 UTC
Post by u***@domain.invalid
I searched once in .exe and found something like "\Delphi\RTL" there.
Probably they use different languages. They write on the site (in some
pdf tech articles) that scripting system and also toolbars are written
on Delphi. But job requirements for graduates are pascal, Delphi, C++
Builder, MS VC (looked through the site after my first post).
Cool. After looking at their interface, I would think it would have been
hard to keep the UI in BCB since their hasn't been a new version until recently...

Ryan
d r
2006-03-06 01:51:58 UTC
No, it is Delphi
Diego Barros
2006-03-06 00:32:56 UTC
HomeSite: http://www.macromedia.com/software/homesite/
TopStyle: http://www.bradsoft.com/topstyle/
Ryan McGinty
2006-03-06 04:28:05 UTC
Post by Mike Garland
Team Speak: http://www.goteamspeak.com/ (VoIP app much used by
gamers)
Wow. I didn't know that.
Apparently verison 3 will not be Delphi:

http://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=blog

"Please understand, this is a complete re-write of the product from the ground
up, using a different programming language (C++) which among a new, robust
SDK and many new features will also introduce immediate cross-platform support
upon it's initial release."

They were targeting these platforms:

* Mac OS X (both Intel based and PPC)
* Windows (32Bit and 64Bit)
* Linux (32Bit and 64Bit)

and C++ is the only one I know that'll do that right now...

Ryan