A good ERP written in Delphi
Yogi Yang 007
2008-03-05 12:45:07 UTC
From all the discussions that we are having on this NG of Delphi being
the best tools on this planet.

I was wondering if there are any good ERPs developed using Delphi. Can
someone point me to them if they do exist?!

I have heard about osFinancials an Open Source Accounting software but
that is it. I also have heard of BS/1 Accounting & ERP (more of an
accounting package than an ERP) but nothing beyond that.

Regards,

Yogi Yang
IvKo
2008-03-05 12:53:27 UTC
"Yogi Yang 007" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:***@newsgroups.borland.com...
| From all the discussions that we are having on this NG of Delphi being
| the best tools on this planet.
|
| I was wondering if there are any good ERPs developed using Delphi. Can
| someone point me to them if they do exist?!
| ..
| Regards,
|
| Yogi Yang

The good ERP (and all the software, any application) is not function of
programming language - it is functions of developers, team, managements,
design, etc... So, there are many very good, excellent applications, that
are running maybe and inside your PC, but nobody rolls that they are a
Delphi application :)

IvKo
Del Murray
2008-03-05 13:13:26 UTC
ERP can work without accounting. You get current, average and projected
costs and delivery times by mining the accounting data. Take a hard look at
BS/1. If you review the source code you will be able to determine if you can
modify it to backfill any of your individual requirements that it doesn't
meet.
Yogi Yang 007
2008-03-06 07:44:27 UTC
Post by IvKo
The good ERP (and all the software, any application) is not function of
programming language - it is functions of developers, team, managements,
design, etc... So, there are many very good, excellent applications, that
are running maybe and inside your PC, but nobody rolls that they are a
Delphi application :)
That is bad. I have been observing lately that there are many CG
employees that are trying to sport applications that are popular and
written in Delphi. Poor chaps they are going to have a hard time
spotting apps written in Delphi.
Eduardo Baião

Yogi Yang
Yogi Yang 007
2008-03-06 07:47:57 UTC
Post by Eduardo Baião
Here, in Brasil, there are lots of ERPs developed with Delphi.
But I think that they will not be usefull for you. :)
I would never want to use a non-English software even if it is the best
in the world, so Brazilian only software are out of question.
J. Clarke

Yogi Yang
Yogi Yang
2008-03-05 15:56:40 UTC
I am saying now.

I can list many features that I am looking for in ERPs but theprice
requirement is that the software should be in English. I am searching
for manufacturing ERP which is running on FireBird or some such open
source RDBMS and which should have good vendor management features as
well as should be reasonably priced.
Thomas Speck
2008-03-05 16:11:49 UTC
Look at http://www.synerpy.de/ and AvERP.

Thomas
Yogi Yang 007
2008-03-06 07:52:21 UTC
Post by Thomas Speck
Look at http://www.synerpy.de/ and AvERP.
Thanks for this but I have already wrestled with it for almost 2 months
before giving up as it is primarily in German language and after a
second though English language is added to it. Secondly they do not have
any descent documentation in English also. On contacting them on this
matter they said that they are planning to release any kind of
documentations in English in near future.
Yogi Yang 007
2008-03-06 08:01:08 UTC
Post by Thomas Speck
Look at http://www.synerpy.de/ and AvERP.
Thomas,

I know about AvERP.
But I have not been able to find the download link to its source code
nor am I able to register myself in their web forums. Can you help me
here please?
Antti Kurenniemi

Yogi Yang
damian marquez
2008-03-05 23:05:39 UTC
Post by Antti Kurenniemi
Well, mine is pretty good, really! But it's in Finnish so probably not
very useful to you... ;-)
Why not making it multilanguage? :)
It maybe tough at first but the results are great. dxgettext is a great tool
for this. I even took sometime in
previous versions of marvellous BS1 and got a quite decent spanish version
myself :)
Yogi Yang 007
2008-03-06 07:53:42 UTC
Post by Antti Kurenniemi
Well, mine is pretty good, really! But it's in Finnish so probably not very
useful to you... ;-)
Yes you are right. But what areas of business it addressed like Mfg.,
Accounts, Vendor Management, Purchase, Sales, Marketing, etc. etc.
WillR
2008-03-06 02:42:16 UTC
Post by Yogi Yang 007
From all the discussions that we are having on this NG of Delphi being
the best tools on this planet.
I was wondering if there are any good ERPs developed using Delphi. Can
someone point me to them if they do exist?!
I have heard about osFinancials an Open Source Accounting software but
that is it. I also have heard of BS/1 Accounting & ERP (more of an
accounting package than an ERP) but nothing beyond that.
Regards,
Yogi Yang
See what you think of this one.
http://www.dbsonline.com/source.htm
--
Will R
PMC Consulting
Yogi Yang 007
2008-03-06 07:56:07 UTC
Post by WillR
See what you think of this one.
http://www.dbsonline.com/source.htm
I have tested all the version but there are many things left to desire
in all of them. Another thing is that the prices are very steep from my
point of view (as US$ 1 = INR 42).
Yogi Yang 007
2008-03-06 07:59:14 UTC
Post by WillR
See what you think of this one.
http://www.dbsonline.com/source.htm
I forgot to mention one more thing.

When I compare BS/1 to TinyERP (Open Source Python based) they look
pathetic with limited functionality and obscure ways of implementing a
few things. BTW this is my view. It may not be yours.
WillR
2008-03-07 02:25:33 UTC
Post by Yogi Yang 007
Post by WillR
See what you think of this one.
http://www.dbsonline.com/source.htm
I forgot to mention one more thing.
When I compare BS/1 to TinyERP (Open Source Python based) they look
pathetic with limited functionality and obscure ways of implementing a
few things. BTW this is my view. It may not be yours.
I have no opinion on either.

I just do Shop floor to erp occasionally and noticed it one day in the
third party forum.

Usually choosing an ERP is an exercise in choosing the least worst -- imho.
--
Will R
PMC Consulting
C. Sunguray
2008-03-06 06:36:27 UTC
All popular programs developed using Delphi in Turkey.

http://www.netsis.com.tr/
http://www.logo.com.tr/ (New releasesdeveloped using Java)
http://www.mye.com.tr/

From all the discussions that we are having on this NG of Delphi being

Yogi Yang
AndreiK
2008-03-06 11:44:11 UTC
Post by Yogi Yang 007
I was wondering if there are any good ERPs developed using Delphi. Can
someone point me to them if they do exist?!
At least 2/3 of meat processing plants in Belarus are running on
Gedemin ERP.
It is open sourced ERP platform done completely on Delphi and
Firebird.

http://gsbelarus.com

Pity, it has only belarusian and russian UI.
Keith Latham
2008-03-06 11:51:51 UTC
Post by Yogi Yang 007
From all the discussions that we are having on this NG of Delphi being
the best tools on this planet.
I was wondering if there are any good ERPs developed using Delphi. Can
someone point me to them if they do exist?!
I have heard about osFinancials an Open Source Accounting software but
that is it. I also have heard of BS/1 Accounting & ERP (more of an
accounting package than an ERP) but nothing beyond that.
Regards,
Yogi Yang
Have a look at these guys: http://www.responsive.co.nz/

The free program, 'Ledger', is a little general ledger program quite
useful for small clubs, but its little more than a demo. The 'Ledger
Plus' program is more feature and module enabled. You can but the source
code and build your own modules.

Keith
m***@gmail.com
2008-03-07 04:25:39 UTC
 From all the discussions that we are having on this NG of Delphi being
the best tools on this planet.
I was wondering if there are any good ERPs developed using Delphi. Can
someone point me to them if they do exist?!
I have heard about osFinancials an Open Source Accounting software but
that is it. I also have heard of BS/1 Accounting & ERP (more of an
accounting package than an ERP) but nothing beyond that.
Regards,
Yogi Yang
Have a look at these guys:http://www.responsive.co.nz/
The free program, 'Ledger', is a little general ledger program quite
useful for small clubs, but its little more than a demo. The 'Ledger
Plus' program is more feature and module enabled. You can but the source
code and build your own modules.
Keith
Hi Keith

Although Ledger is simple in appearance and usage it is a *lot* more
than a 'demo'.
'Demo' normally implies some kind of usage restriction which is
definitely not the
case.

Also there is no effective limit on the amount of data Ledger can
handle and it is
being used to great effect by businesses, non-profits, churches and
*large* clubs.

Regards
Matthew Jenkinson
Keith Latham
2008-03-07 15:05:39 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Yogi Yang 007
From all the discussions that we are having on this NG of Delphi being
[...]
Quite true.

I didn't mean to give that impression, but I see that I might very well
have. It's a great 'little' program and I didn't mean to cast it in a
bad light.

What I meant to say that it didn't approach an ERP in any way, though
Ledger Plus might be. "Ledger" is just that, a "General Ledger" module,
and it does that very well - and at an excellant price.

Today I put together a little front end for Ledger and another "freebee"
program (invoicing) so our club treasurer won't have to worry about them
too much. It took me an hour or so to get the front end working, but now
I've got to get a 'one-touch' backup firing. The ZLib file won't create
for some reason at the moment.

Oh, well. Tomorrow is another day.

Keith
Marco van de Voort
2008-03-06 11:41:10 UTC
Not using Delphi, but IIRC SAP db originally was a Pascal codebase :-)
Keith Latham
2008-03-06 14:39:00 UTC
Post by Marco van de Voort
Post by Yogi Yang 007
I was wondering if there are any good ERPs developed using Delphi. Can
someone point me to them if they do exist?!
Not using Delphi, but IIRC SAP db originally was a Pascal codebase :-)
Interesting. SAP DB came from Software AG originally. It is now owned by
MySQL and has been renamed MAX DB.

By the way, SAP DB was mainly used for training systems for the SAP ERP.
I don't know of anyone that used it for live systems. SAP doesn't want
to be a DB company. They prefer customers to use other companies for
that (Oracle, IBM, etc).
WillR
2008-03-07 14:44:54 UTC
Post by Yogi Yang 007
From all the discussions that we are having on this NG of Delphi being
the best tools on this planet.
I was wondering if there are any good ERPs developed using Delphi. Can
someone point me to them if they do exist?!
I have heard about osFinancials an Open Source Accounting software but
that is it. I also have heard of BS/1 Accounting & ERP (more of an
accounting package than an ERP) but nothing beyond that.
Regards,
Yogi Yang
Source code is available -- the accounting side looked good last time I
looked.

http://www.adapta.com/main.html

No idea if it meets your needs as you did not specify industry etc. No
idea if it is extended to an ERP -- but you can get source code -- so...
--
Will R
PMC Consulting
Yogi Yang 007
2008-03-08 08:44:22 UTC
Post by WillR
Source code is available -- the accounting side looked good last time I
looked.
http://www.adapta.com/main.html
No idea if it meets your needs as you did not specify industry etc. No
idea if it is extended to an ERP -- but you can get source code -- so...
Thanks for the link. I will check it. I am looking out for ERPs more
suitable for fabricating industry that makes products as per Orders only.
WillR
2008-03-07 15:08:24 UTC
Post by Yogi Yang 007
From all the discussions that we are having on this NG of Delphi being
the best tools on this planet.
I was wondering if there are any good ERPs developed using Delphi. Can
someone point me to them if they do exist?!
I have heard about osFinancials an Open Source Accounting software but
that is it. I also have heard of BS/1 Accounting & ERP (more of an
accounting package than an ERP) but nothing beyond that.
Regards,
Yogi Yang
Maybe this...

http://www.bravosoft.com/

or this
http://www.columbusoft.com/afd/index.htm

It looks like only accounting though.

Claims to be ERP
http://www.emryn.com/products.html

No knowledge of the above -- but there are packages out there.

DAGS

What is your time frame to choose and implement -- I have other
information which _may_ be useful. If the client size is appropriate.

If you want to specify numbers and types of machines in manufacturing --
types of transactions to be supplied I am aware of add-on systems for
accounting systems which do shop floor etc. written in Delphi among
others. Supply an estimate of size of company likely budgets -- I may
know of some fits -- but without that info I don't know if it is worth
their time or yours.

Even (especially!) with SAP and others you need heavy modification for
manufacturing monitoring anyway -- I assume it is manufacturing.

Without at least a general requirements description its pretty difficult
to guess what may be suitable.

Lots of people do not specify their development environment so that it
does not become an issue.

I think we cross over in client types and areas of work so we may be
able to trade information. However, I am about to start an assignment
that may take some months (and may not).

However, if we can help each other, then we can get in touch directly.
If you're not interested that's fine too -- I have lots of work to amuse
me -- and I know you do more so than I... :-)
--
Will R
PMC Consulting
Yogi Yang 007
2008-03-08 10:48:38 UTC
Post by WillR
Maybe this...
http://www.bravosoft.com/
Open Bravo is 100% in Java and out of question.
Post by WillR
or this
http://www.columbusoft.com/afd/index.htm
It looks like only accounting though.
You are right. It is an accounting only solution.
Post by WillR
Claims to be ERP
http://www.emryn.com/products.html
Basically any company that has developed a software which addresses
three or more areas of an organization can call its software an ERP
software.

I have seen one such a software which supports, Purchase, Sales, HRD and
Fianance and claims be an ERP (because it is covering more than three
critical area).
Post by WillR
What is your time frame to choose and implement -- I have other
information which _may_ be useful. If the client size is appropriate.
I actually do not have any time frame for this as before posting on this
NG we have already agreed to us the free and Open source TinyERP which
has got 200+ modules is written in Python and uses GTK+ for UI and is
really very flexible and usable (I think so).
I was just curious so to how many ERP software have really been
developed in Delphi compared to other languages like VB, C++, etc.

I don't take this as a Barometer for Delphi's popularity though.

but it does show how
Post by WillR
If you want to specify numbers and types of machines in manufacturing --
types of transactions to be supplied I am aware of add-on systems for
accounting systems which do shop floor etc. written in Delphi among
others. Supply an estimate of size of company likely budgets -- I may
know of some fits -- but without that info I don't know if it is worth
their time or yours.
The idea of add-on systems is great, can you list a few along with the
name of accounting software that they can be used with.

But then I also must tell you that in our area the accounting systems
that rules Tally (http://www.tallysolutions.com/) with around 10 million
installation world wide. Generally people have not even heard of this
accounting system outside Asia, but it is very easy to learn and use and
is very low on Hardware requirements.

It has got its own scripting language using which one can customize it
to the extent one wants. But after trying everything in it to customize
it for manufacturing/fabrication (for make to order company) we came to
the conclusion to absolute it and switch to a more modern and easy to
use ERP system which covered most (if not every) part of our business
cost very neglible.

Mind you the concept of UI that is implemented in Tally is just no
brainier and very usable. I have not seen any software till date with
such an easy user interface and have also not been able to emulate it.....
Post by WillR
Even (especially!) with SAP and others you need heavy modification for
manufacturing monitoring anyway -- I assume it is manufacturing.
Yes it is Manufacturing on Order basis
Post by WillR
Without at least a general requirements description its pretty difficult
to guess what may be suitable.
Lots of people do not specify their development environment so that it
does not become an issue.
We are manufacturing machines for which we have developed standard
designs and we modify them as per client's requirements. So they fall
into the category of Make to Order.

Major (except core) Part of machine are done by vendors so we also want
good Vendor management in the target ERP which does not exist in TinyERP
but I think we will get that done from one of its partners.
Post by WillR
I think we cross over in client types and areas of work so we may be
able to trade information. However, I am about to start an assignment
that may take some months (and may not).
However, if we can help each other, then we can get in touch directly.
If you're not interested that's fine too -- I have lots of work to amuse
me -- and I know you do more so than I... :-)
I am interested in getting in touch with you personally and my email id
is : yogiyang007 @ gmail dot com

Do email me.
WillR
2008-03-08 12:26:44 UTC
Yogi:

This is interesting -- out of Belgium, even. Good thing stuff is in
English and Spanish as well -- much better than my French.

I will look at the documentation and may even download the program first
-- I may have clients for the package.

Let me see if what I know if what I am aware of can interface to it
(easily) before I take more time.

http://tinyerp.com/
PMC Consulting
Yogi Yang 007
2008-03-09 13:19:56 UTC
My dear friend. I am already deploying and integrating TinyERP
professionally as a part time business. I am trying to convince my
existing customers (who are using my software) to switch to TinyERP.

I thought instead of using TinyERP as it is very weak in fabrication
sector better adopt something better and if it is developed in Delphi
than it would be better. As I know Delphi to an extent but am Zero with
Python. That is the reason why I started this thread.

TinyERP is really worth using. It is as easy to use as an Accounting
system. It is flexible, as well as low on resource requirements.

Do try it and adopt it if you like.

Regards,

Yogi Yang
Do email me.
h***@gmail.com
osFinancials
d***@gmail.com
yes we had a complete ERP developed in Delphi , Borland BDE , but just in spanish , delphsoft.com
s***@globacon.com
2019-08-05 16:09:11 UTC
Sage 200 (formerly Sage Evolution)